|THE IB DIPLOMA PROGRAMME (DP)
Authorized by the lnternational Baccalaureate Organization, since 2004, our School offers the Diploma Programme (DP) to IV and V year Secondary School students. The Diploma Programme is a demanding two-year curriculum that meets the needs of highly motivated students, and leads to a qualiﬁcation that is recognized by leading universities around the world. The curriculum is developed in Spanish, English and French and modelled by an hexagon with six subject groups and three core requirements, for which we count with highly qualiﬁed specialists who receive permanently official IB training.
According to the lnternational Baccalaureate Organization, life in the 21st century, in an interconnected and globalized world, requires critical- thinking skills and a sense of international-mindedness, something that Diploma Programme students come to know and understand.
The DP is designed as an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with ﬁnal examinations that prepares students for success at university and life beyond. In addition to the study of six subjects chosen from the six subject groups, three of which are studied at a higher level in 240 teaching hours and the remaining three subjects studied at a standard level in 150 teaching hours, the programme has three core requirements (The Extended Essay, Theory of Knowledge and Creativity, Action and Service) that are included to broaden the educational experience and challenge students to apply their knowledge and understanding.
1. Studies in Language and Literature: Literature, Language and Literature.
2. Language Acquisition: English (B)
3. lndividuals and Societies: History (both in English and Spanish)
4. Experimental Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Physics.
5. Mathematics: Mathematical Studies, Mathematics SL, Mathematics HL
6. The Arts and Additional Subjects: Visual Arts, Information Technology in a Global Society (ITGS), Psychology, French ab initio, Business and Management (in English) and a Second Science.
Apart from these IB subjects, the School offers other subjects, some of them compulsory for the Peruvian Education System such as Religion, Physical Education (PE) and Performing Arts.
IB DP Coordination