The Peruvian-North American Abraham Lincoln School was founded in a house in the San Isidro district of Lima, Peru, in 1950. Following their dream of having the best education for their children, a group of parents started the first Cooperative of Educational Services of Peru. This cooperative included 103 families sharing the same goals and ideals.
Mr. Manuel Sanchez Palacios became the first President of the Cooperative, and with the support of the US Embassy in Lima, Ms. Alie M. Allen was hired as the first American school Director. The school ﬁnally opened with Ms. Allen, 17 teachers, 3 administrative assistants, and one worker. This institution would later on become one of most important bilingual schools in the country.
In 1955 Mrs. Eudocia Ancaya de Santillán was hired as the ﬁrst Peruvian Director.
With the fast growth of our school, in 1981 we inaugurated our present site in La Molina. In the year 2005 the school was authorized to offer the IB Diploma Programme (DP), in 2007 the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and in 2011 the Primary Years Programme (PYP); thus being part of the most modern and competitive educational model worldwide.